Translate

Sunday 27 September 2015

Wild autumn bulbs


With the weather cooling off and the season of autumn in the air, I was very keen to replant the wild bulbs that grow on Obachan's plot of land. While I am not a professional bulb grower, I believe these bulbs to be jonquils. Thankfully the wild boars in the area don't like them one bit because the are actually poisonous. 




We've been working a bit on the inside of the old farmhouse, so some beautification on the outside wouldn't go astray and the best part...it's free! So, I had the idea that I could uproot and replant the bulbs along the concrete wall of Oban chan chi's, and then come early spring the little farmhouse would be looking pretty... Nice idea right!





My assistant was keen to help with bulb hunting and planting.



Though in the end, the job came down to me alone and that was fine with me. It was a beautiful warm, Izu day which made it perfect for bulb planting. 



Along the back of Obachan chi's house is the drain and another reminder that autumn is near with higanbana growing wild. 


We'll have to wait and see how our efforts go next February to see if the bulbs like their new home along the fence line. I'll be sure to update you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.