Translate

Sunday 25 January 2015

Boundary line dance

It feels like all I am posting about is drain work, but it honestly is such a major part of rescuing this little old farm house, that we have to get it done before anything else.
So while we have made temporary drains for the front yard, there is another source of continuously flowing water that moves down the side of the house and then curves around  the back of the house. This pathway of water  is pretty much on Oba chan's boundary line. 
A proper drain has never ever been made, so it just flows along through the soil, around rocks and down into the main concrete drain that leads to the street. 
Digging out a makeshift drain was tough because everything had really overgrown in this  back area.This picture above is the  view from the main street looking into Oba chan chi's.



Here we have a view from the other side of the property from the old pathway, after we cut back some of the tree branches to start digging the pathway.


Once we did manage to get the water flowing in a somewhat straight line, it was another exciting moment for me because by this stage my back was killing me!


 
Alright..... I had my "assistant" with me, no I can't lie....here is my husband and treasure of  all treasures helping me dig part of the drains pathway.



Now this is when I truly started dancing away on the street in rubber boots, in the country side, because who knew that unplugging a forest of weeds and rocks and having water flow not just anywhere but into the main drain would be so fulfilling. Who knew?

We are still thinking about whether a spoon drain is the best option here because of the fact that the flow of water just seeps out from different areas of the property. Putting in a pvc pipe would prove difficult in catching the flow of water into the drain. Anyway, we'll take it step by step until we reach this stage. Has anyone got any ideas of how they would tackle this type of water flow that comes out from different areas of the land? We'd love to hear your thoughts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.