Translate

Sunday 1 November 2015

Unwanted visitors


If you have been following along with our little veggie garden that we planted sunflowers and  corn in at the end of summer, I must tell you that we had very rude guests who visited us while we were away. They ripped our sunflowers out from the ground and dug some rather large holes looking for small crabs. Yes, our dear neighbours from the mountain, the wild boars were in town. While we did plant the corn a bit too late, we were hopeful for at least one cob of corn. But it wasn't meant to be...




So we started digging up the ground and unearthed what would seem like hundreds of wild jonquil bulbs. Remember these are safe from the wild boars chompers! We also dug up the concrete blocks and formed a simple, uneven pathway. Trust me, its temporary for now. 



 My assistant was hard at work digging up bulbs and repotting them into her pots.


While I wish I could click my fingers and our little garden could look something this......


   I adore Japanese gardens. The neatness, calmness, delicate trees, rocks, water and moss. Beautiful. <3:
The reality is that this is the end result for now. It would be great if the grass could grow covering the bare patch of ground and the bulbs would bloom along the pathway, but we will see if our neighbors pay us another visit. Next time we hope they show us some manners. It is hunting season now, so there number might be up! 


                              
My sore muscles are heavy and tired from all the digging, chopping and lugging concrete blocks, but a hot onsen will fix my aches.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.