Translate

Sunday 11 September 2016

Door spa...wash, sand & varnish

On a beautiful sunny day here at the farmhouse I decided to tackle a pair of storm shutter doors in an area behind the house that we refer to as the courtyard. The doors were needing some love in the form of a wipe down, a light sanding and then a coat of varnish. In this case I opted for a clear varnish to try and reveal the natural wood grain. 



On the left we have the door awaiting a varnish and to the right the door with one coat of natural varnish, which in my opinion looked a bit flat. 



I'm happy that I tried out the natural varnish, however I think they need another coat of varnish. So I just used what we had, which was what I used on the genkan.


The storm shutters do a pretty good job protecting the shoji screens, but unfortunately there are gaps that can't be helped, so from time to time we do have unwanted creepy crawlies that we have to shoo out the door! It's peace of mind though, that the doors have a coat of varnish to protect them a little more than before, but here they are with a tinted coat just drying.
Ahh.... much better!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.